Matt helped tremendously at the hanger today, he almost single handedly ran the fuel lines from the right tank to the valves. He also helped install the red/white LED strip for the cockpit lighting. Mike Hilger of SteinAir was a great help with the Garmin setup. Today I brought online the transponder and com2
Got a lot done recently, catching up on posts.
Also got a very encouraging visit from Jeff Point. The end is near!
Hung the exhaust, located the seat heat control, routed the heat vent control, measured and ordered the prop and throttle cables. I also installed the prop cable bracket and reclocked the governor for the unusual prop cable.
Cheryl helped me all day on the airplane! We got a lot done. Cheryl sanded down the leading edge of the canopy to prep for the fiberglass fairing. She then filled the edge with epoxy and micro balloons.
We modified the lower rudder cap to clear the tail spring and added some fiberglass reinforcement.
I installed the center console to prep for running the throttle and prop cables.
I also installed the lower exhaust.
Last, I added the heat control lever.
Matt and I connected the OAT wiring, shortened the pilot stick so it didn’t hit the panel, did some other minor wiring, and installed the two main displays. Everything powered up!
Installed the flap switch, OAT probe, ran battery monitor wires and interior vents. Thanks for the help Matt!
Installed the key switch. I went with a barrel key switch, a little more robust than the original. Installed the passenger side switches that control the start batteries and the panel lighting. Next, installed the pilot and copilot usb charging sockets.