Cheryl helped me all day on the airplane! We got a lot done. Cheryl sanded down the leading edge of the canopy to prep for the fiberglass fairing. She then filled the edge with epoxy and micro balloons.
We modified the lower rudder cap to clear the tail spring and added some fiberglass reinforcement.
I installed the center console to prep for running the throttle and prop cables.
I also installed the lower exhaust.
Last, I added the heat control lever.
Nothing too exciting tonight, completed the rudder cable linkage. I now have two control surfaces operable, the elevators and the rudder.
Cheryl, Consti, and I installed the aft top skin. This is the skin that the rear window is glued to. We were then able to install the Garmin GTX23 ES transponder (thanks Carin!). We then also installed the rear dome/map light.
I once again enlisted the entire family to install the rear window. We used sikaflex and a lot of clamps! Milestone! Thanks Cheryl, Constantin, Matt and Nick!
A huge team effort by Gary, Cheryl, Matt and Nick resulted in the canopy being glued onto the frame. We used sikaflex and clamped the heck out of the back and sides, the front was weighted down with 70 pounds of sand. Now we wait for a few days for the Sika to cure…
My dad and I visited Jeff Point in East Troy and we were both treated to a motivational flight.
Today we also installed the ground block, and prepped for gluing on the canopy. Cheryl masked the frame and canopy! I also installed (and removed for safe keeping) the glare shield trim/padding.
Matt and Consti helped install the two bent whip com antennas. I also installed the second battery box and the upper portion of the exhaust.