Yesterday Matt pulled an undersized wire and ran the proper sized wiring for the tail strobe. Today I did the wiring and riveted on the bottom rudder cap. The AeroLED is super bright!
I also connected the linkage at the prop governor.
Cheryl and I fiberglassed the tips of the tail yesterday and today. I still need to apply some filler. But they turned out quite nicely considering my lengthy procrastination.
More progress on the internal rudder stop and the roll bar.
Lots of progress the last couple days!
For now… there is fiberglass stuff to do. I’m saving all of the fiberglass to complete at one time. I also have to set up the trim tab travel length, but I’ll wait on that as well.
Today I set up the hinge line. I have no binding and all the bolts are tightened up properly.
Tonight we fitted the elevators to the horizontal stabilizer. Thanks to Cheryl and her tiny fingers, this wasn’t too bad. These assembled parts are getting bigger! I marked the skins on the h.s. to be trimmed for the counterweight clearance. I’ll work on that next!
Minor progress today. We rolled the leading edge of the left elevator. I also installed the rod end on the trim servo.