I once again enlisted the entire family to install the rear window. We used sikaflex and a lot of clamps! Milestone! Thanks Cheryl, Constantin, Matt and Nick!
A huge team effort by Gary, Cheryl, Matt and Nick resulted in the canopy being glued onto the frame. We used sikaflex and clamped the heck out of the back and sides, the front was weighted down with 70 pounds of sand. Now we wait for a few days for the Sika to cure…
My dad and I visited Jeff Point in East Troy and we were both treated to a motivational flight.
Today we also installed the ground block, and prepped for gluing on the canopy. Cheryl masked the frame and canopy! I also installed (and removed for safe keeping) the glare shield trim/padding.
Visited Rick Pezze to solder on the din connector for the ELT. Thanks Rick! Also visited Glenn Bottsford’s hanger at Mitchell and checked out his firewall. Got home and fabricated and installed the antenna cables for the transponder and the ADSB in.
Matt and Consti helped install the two bent whip com antennas. I also installed the second battery box and the upper portion of the exhaust.
Constantin and I installed the transponder and adsb antennas and doubler. Still need to fabricate the antenna cable.