I made my first significant error on the wings. In match drilling a couple of the ribs to the rear spar at the wing walk area, I match drilled from the rib side to the spar. This created a hole in W-707G that cut right through the edge of this part.
What I should have done is match drilled from the wing spar side into the ribs.
$25 in replacement parts on order…
PS – This isn’t my photo, but it shows exactly what I managed to do.
Clecoed together and awaiting drilling to final size. Kind of has the general shape of the wing!
Match drilled this contraption tonight also.
So I have the written behind me! Ground school was completed just before Thanksgiving. I took the written about a week later. Passed easily with 89%.
I’m up to about 12 hours logged, should be soloing soon…
He’s come over a few nights to help. Can’t hardly procrastinate when help shows up!
In just a couple nights we got all the wing ribs deburred and fluted. Tonight we got the wing stands built. Tomorrow the wing spars will be installed on the stands!